3.10.2009

The Kelsey update

Miss Kelsey is feeling great since her injury on Sunday. She hasn't complained of any pain or soreness (in the primitive ways that a 20-month-old can). When we ask her if she's happy her arm is better, she shakes her head "yes."

For my part, I admit it's a struggle not to grab a toddler's arm! And by grab, I mean the way any mother must grab in order to keep her toddler from running away from her in a restaurant, at the school, in the parking lot. It's a gentle but firm grab, almost always relied on for safety. It's not the grab-the-kid-and-drag-em-by-the-arm grab that doesn't so sound loving.

And yet I must be careful, as nursemaid's elbow is likely to occur again. That's why Kelsey has been banned from any kind of "airplane" game for now. Here's hoping she'll respond to my words and requests and simply hold my hand.

1 comment:

Allison said...

aww, glad she's feeling better, but i know what you mean about "the grab" I'll be thinking about it now every time i do it! It's gotten a lot less often as Katie's gotten older, and thankfully she'll happily hold my hand most of the time...but not all of the time!